The Federal Housing Agency (FHA) has just increased the amount of money that can be borrowed through its mortgage programs by more than $64k in most areas in Colorado. In high-cost locations, the increase is even greater. New limits will take effect in 2022. This increase is a record-breaking 18% increase! See below for the new FHA county loan limits.
- The FHA 2022 loan limits for the Denver Metro Counties (Douglas, Elbert, Arapahoe, Adams, Denver, Jefferson & Park) are now increased to $684,250
- The FHA loan limit in El Paso County is now increased to $460,000
- The FHA loan limit in Weld County is now increased to $483,000
- For Conventional Loans the lowest limit in the entire state of Colorado is $647,200
- Conventional loans in the high-cost counties (Douglas, Elbert, Arapahoe, Adams, Denver, Jefferson & Park) have also been increased to $684,250
The increase in the FHA 2022 loan limits is necessary and timely considering the amazing appreciation real estate in Colorado has seen over the past few years. The new FHA county loan limits will allow more homeowners to purchase homes without having to utilize jumbo loan products and allow for further appreciation due to the availability of loans.
Brandon & Kara Lee
Douglas County Real Estate